Michigan Penal Code and Motor Vehicle Handbook - 2019 Fall Edition
2019 - Fall
Expert Legal Editor
Estimated Next Edition Date
November 1, 2020
Last Release Date
December 10, 2019
In stockSKU 36745-40
Features the most comprehensive presentation of Michigan’s Penal Code, Code of Criminal Procedure, Vehicle Code and Uniform Traffic Code as well as a valuable presentation of Police Procedure: Arrest, Search and Seizure, and Confession Law.
Includes new statutes from the latest legislative session in Michigan:
- Amended statute to add “electric skateboard” to those that must obey traffic laws for vehicles, unless those laws would not apply. (PA 31 amends 257.627)
- Added legislation to create a new act called the Administration of Opioid Antagonists Act, which allows a governmental agency to purchase and possess an opioid antagonist and distribute it to an employee or agent who has been trained in its use.
- Amended law by adding all automobile insurance policies offered in this state must include benefits under personal protection insurance, and property protection insurance as provided in this chapter, and residual liability insurance.
Highlights of changes from the 2019 Spring Edition include:
- Amends legislation to include in curriculum training component for drivers regarding protocol when pulled over by a law enforcement officer.
- Adds legislation to prohibit cyberbullying, defines cyberbullying, establishes that cyberbullying resulting in serious harm would be a Class E felony, and establishes that cyberbullying resulting in death would be a Class D felony.
- Adds legislation to prohibit the use, possession, and sale of marihuana-infused beer, wine, mixed wine drink, mixed spirit drink, or spirits.
The Michigan Penal Code and Motor Vehicle Handbook, designed for this State’s law enforcement and criminal justice professionals, features a complete presentation of Michigan’s Penal Code, Crimes and Offenses, Code of Criminal Procedure, Vehicle Code, and the Uniform Traffic Code, as well as hundreds of other selected statutory provisions that law enforcement professionals use most often. The newest edition also includes a valuable presentation of Police Procedure: Arrest, Search and Seizure, and Confession Law, a listing of applicable sections affected by legislation during the latest session, and an extensive index and table of contents for quick access to each area of the law.
Table of Code Sections Affected by the Recent Legislative Session.
Highlights of the Most Recent Legislative Session.
Michigan Legal Guidelines
MICHIGAN COMPILED LAWS
CHAPTER 3. FEDERAL AND INTERSTATE RELATIONS
CHAPTER 8. STATUTES
CHAPTER 16. EXECUTIVE ORGANIZATION
CHAPTER 28. MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
CHAPTER 29. FIRE PREVENTION
CHAPTER 41. TOWNSHIPS
CHAPTER 46. COUNTY BOARDS OF COMMISSIONERS
CHAPTER 247. HIGHWAYS
CHAPTER 256. MOTOR VEHICLES
CHAPTER 257. MOTOR VEHICLES (Michigan Vehicle Code)
CHAPTER 259. AVIATION
CHAPTER 324. NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
CHAPTER 333. HEALTH
CHAPTER 390. UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
CHAPTER 430. NAMES, TITLES, INSIGNIA, AND EMBLEMS
CHAPTER 433. ANIMALS RUNNING AT LARGE
CHAPTER 435. SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS
CHAPTER 436. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
CHAPTER 462. RAILROADS
CHAPTER 480. MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY
CHAPTER 500. INSURANCE CODE OF 1956
CHAPTER 570. LIENS
CHAPTER 600. REVISED JUDICATURE ACT OF 1961
CHAPTER 691. JUDICIARY
CHAPTERS 701-713. PROBATE CODE
CHAPTER 722. CHILDREN
CHAPTER 750. MICHIGAN PENAL CODE
CHAPTER 752. CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTERS 760-777. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 780. CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
MICHIGAN ADMINISTRATIVE CODE
Uniform Traffic Code for Cities, Townships, and Villages