Packed with more candid, practical advice from a leading investigatory pro to enhance your own investigations! Important for both active investigators and students. Includes timely new topics, enhanced chapters, updated court cases, additional investigatory tips, helpful investigative resources, and compelling
new study and research questions.
• An exploration of search & seizure case law that helps you gain a thorough understanding of the legalities that impact criminal investigators.
• Recommendations for effective crime scene protocols, from responding to and securing the scene to keeping a solid chain of custody, and everything in between.
• Guidance on interviewing strategies, missing persons investigations, ID theft cases, report writing, understanding and utilizing DNA, navigating the media, death notifications, and preparing for trial.
PLUS NEW MATERIAL ON:
• An in-depth look at the FBI’s Next Generation Identification (NGI) tools for
• Cutting-edge insights into methods for engaging, exploring & leveraging social
media to expand your investigatory intelligence gathering abilities.
• Valuable guidance on effectively resurrecting and resolving cold cases.
• A powerful look at investigatory steps and considerations to take into account when investigating today’s most pressurized, socially sensitive hate crimes investigations.