Highlights of new legislation included in the Washington Criminal & Traffic Law Manual, 2020 Edition
- Expands the circumstances under which a person may commit an animal fighting offense.
- Abolishes the statute of limitations for crimes involving child rape and exploitation of a minor; lengthens the statute of limitations for certain other sexual assault crimes.
- Authorizes a police officer to arrest persons in violation of certain no-contact orders involving victims of trafficking and promoting prostitution offenses.
- Adds a new section establishing independent investigations to determine whether the use of deadly force by a peace officer meets the good faith standard established in RCW 9A.16.040.
- Adds a new section addressing marijuana retail outlets sales to persons under the age of 21 and attendant penalties.
Features a comprehensive presentation of Washington’s Criminal Code, Crimes and Punishments, Code of Criminal Procedure, Motor Vehicle and Traffic Regulation, Juvenile Law, Domestic Relations, along with hundreds of related statutes that law enforcement officials, attorneys, and criminal justice professionals use most often.