Highlights of new legislation included in the Washington Criminal & Traffic Law Manual, 2020 Edition
- Expands the circumstances under which a person may commit an animal fighting offense.
- Abolishes the statute of limitations for crimes involving child rape and exploitation of a minor; lengthens the statute of limitations for certain other sexual assault crimes.
- Authorizes a police officer to arrest persons in violation of certain no-contact orders involving victims of trafficking and promoting prostitution offenses.
- Adds a new section establishing independent investigations to determine whether the use of deadly force by a peace officer meets the good faith standard established in RCW 9A.16.040.
- Adds a new section addressing marijuana retail outlets sales to persons under the age of 21 and attendant penalties.