- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing Your Information
- Data Retention
- International Transfers
- Data Security
- Children's Privacy
- Your Marketing Preferences
- Accessing and Updating Your Information, Your Account & Your RIghts
At Blue360 Media, Protecting your private information is our priority, and we take your privacy seriously. Below are our current privacy policies.
2. Information We Collect
We collect information about you in three ways: directly from your input, from third-party sources, and through automated technologies.
Sources of Your Personal Information
- When you register or make a comment on our site or through any of our Products
- This includes your email address and your organization type. We collect your organization type because we have specialists that service the Academic market.
- This also includes feedback you leave for us from within our Products
- When you, or your organization, makes a purchase or provides contact information to a Blue360 Media employee
- This includes your title, billing and shipping name, address, city, zip code, e-mail address, phone number, invoices, and order history
- This also includes customer service calls and notes taken by our employees about your calls, information about your subscription preferences
- Publicly available sources
- This includes information from your organization’s website or your own publicly available social media information
- Membership organizations, events, or other third parties where you have provided permission
- This includes information you provide to trade-show or conference attendance, professional organization memberships, professional directories and allow them to distribute. We do not validate privacy policies or practices from third party sites.
- Through technologies such as cookies included in our products
- This includes tracking log-in credentials, including your e-mail address as your log-in. While your passwords are stored, they are encrypted such that Blue360 Media employees will never have access to see the password entered.
- This also includes specific content or pages you visit on our Products, and when you access and download eBooks, settings you select, search terms you use, and any data you input into our Products.
- We also track and store connection, browser, and general computer information including the IP address you accessed our Products from, the browser type you used, your operating system, and other relevant technology information such as errors you receive.
3. How We Use Your information
Generally, we will use your information to provide you with a better experience and to fulfill Products that you have ordered from us. Uses primarily include those listed below:
- Provide registration and log-in capability
- Provide complete descriptions of our Products, including images, descriptions, and promotion codes
- Utilize cart functionality, including completing a purchase
- Track when you select to receive automatic shipments
- Provide you access to view or download your purchased eBooks
- Ship products to you that you have ordered or subscribed to
- Personalize your use of our Products
- Allow you to manage your address information
- Notify you about new product events (correction, revised editions)
- Ask for your participation in customer or market research
- Respond quickly to your questions, comments, order shipment, or billing questions
- General marketing (unless you have opted out)
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Identify usage trends and purchase history information for purposes of audits and internal reports, including royalty reporting, manufacturing quantities, and system resource planning
- To protect our rights, content, privacy, and systems
- Comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, and other government officials, including when they are outside your country of residence.
4. Sharing Your Information
We share your personal information within Blue360 Media, and also with its suppliers that fulfill your Products, send your invoices, and process your credit card payments. In some situations, when we co-publish, your information may be shared with our alliances however, they are not permitted to share your personal information for any other purpose than to provide, fulfill, or enhance Products.
We will also share your information with your organization for review, correction, or for invoicing and collection purposes.
As stated in section 3, we will share your information with law enforcement, so long as they have the appropriate authorization.
In the event that Blue360 Media acquires, or is acquired (in whole or in part), your information may be shared with the involved parties.
From time-to-time, Blue360 Media may hire, or consult with, third party software providers or information security professionals that might access your personal information in conjunction with improving Blue360 Media’s systems.
5. Data Retention
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Products and fulfill the transactions you have requested. We also retain your personal information for purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
6. International Transfers
Blue360 Media primarily operates within the United States, but has global operations. Your personal information may be stored or processed outside of your home country. At Blue360 Media, we have safeguards and procedures to protect your personal information even when transferred internationally. Specifically, Blue360 Media has locations in India, Portugal, and the United States. In addition, we have vendors based in the UK.
7. Data Security
At Blue360 Media, we take data security seriously. We implement appropriate technologies and internal procedures to ensure your personal information is protected. Our security procedures closely align with widely accepted standards and are reviewed regularly.
8. Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 or target our Products to children under 13.
9. Your Marketing Preferences
We deliver marketing communications to you via e-mail, phone, direct mail and online. We primarily use these to notify you of new content. At any time, you may contact us to change your preferences. As required by law, we will allow you to opt-in to communications from us, and always allow you to opt-out of communications. Opt-out instructions appear at the bottom of all of our email communications to you.
Even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications by email, we may still send you Product communications or important transactional information related to your accounts and products (for purposes such as providing customer support). We may also send product updates, specifically related to your eBook or mobile application.
10. Accessing and Updating Your Information
At Blue360 Media, we allow registered users to access and review their account information and make corrections or updates upon login at any time. Keeping your personal information up-to-date is your responsibility, but also may be done by your organization. You may also close your account by contacting Blue360 Media customer support. Please note that closing your account may not necessarily result in closing your organization's account.
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of, your personal information. You may also object to the way in which your personal information is being used and to withdraw consent to the use of your information. Specifically:
- You have the right to request the details of your personal information and to request a copy of those materials from Blue360 Media. If we have incorrect information, you have the right to request that we rectify any errors.
- You have the right to request that certain personal information about you be erased, or that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- You can always tell us whether you’d like to receive Marketing communications, and have the right to opt-out of those communications.
- At any time, you can change the permissions you have given us relating to your personal information.
It should be noted that these rights do not apply in all cases. In order to exercise your rights, please contact Blue360 Media. You may be asked to verify your identity prior to completing any changes.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, please contact us at [email protected] or send via mail to
Blue 360 Media, LLC
2750 Rasmussen Road, Suite 107
Park City, Utah 84098
If you are not content with how we manage your personal information, you can lodge a complaint with a privacy supervisory authority. In the European Union, the relevant supervisory authority is the one in the country or territory where you are resident, you work, or in the location that the alleged infringement took place. For a list of National Data Protection Authorities, click here
DISPUTE RESOLUTION FOR UNITED STATES RESIDENTS/ARBITRATION/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY